General auction terms & conditions of the mail auctions BRNOFILA - Blaha
1. The organizer is the auction company BRNOFILA-Blaha, Kronova 29, 621 00 Brno 21, Czech republic where written orders, inquiries and correspondence should be addressed to.
2. Lots offered in the auction are described in the auction catalogue. The auction organizer is responsible for the quantity, quality and authenticity as described. The condition is rated on the scale very good (usual, not mentioned in the description) - good - lower – condition (defects are specified in parentheses). Other explanations and abbreviations are those commonly used. Catalogues used for description are mentioned only at the first item of a section.
3. The material is accepted for auction against a written confirmation - the contract. Expertization of material will be made after agreement with the owner on his expense. Material for auctions can be submitted always and will be included in the earliest next auction. The organizer collects a seller's handling fee of CZK 5 for each (also unsold) lot payable with the final auction account. BRNOFILA - Blaha deducts a 15% commission. The final account is made as agreed, usually 8 weeks after the auction close. In case of withdrawal of material submitted to auction, the seller will pay a handling fee of 25% of the starting prices. Unsold material is returned together with the auction account.
4. Participation in the auction is only possible by mail and other communication channels specified, within the time frame listed in the catalogue. An item will be sold to the highest offer. The selling price of the item is determined as the second-highest bid increased by one bid increment (5 CZK). The earlier is preferred in case of two equal bids. The bidder is responsible for the order submitted. Viewing of auction lots is possible within times specified. Information on other bidder´s bids is kept secret. BRNOFILA - Blaha is authorized to withdraw any lot.
5. The lots won are sent by the organizer in about 14 days by mail. Ownership of the purchased material is transferred to the buyer only after full payment. The account is payable within 14 days of receipt of the shipment. To the resulting auction price, postage, packing fee, and a handling fee (10% of the resulting price) are added. Personal pickup is possible on agreement in the BRNOFILA – Blaha shop, Grohova 3, Brno.
6. Any legitimate complaints must be received by the organizer within 7 days after receipt of the material. Complaints are not possible in case of collections, defects described, placement of stamps and postmarks, etc. An accepted complaint will be processed as soon as possible. If the buyer does not pick up a COD shipment within 14 days of departure or not does not pay the account within 14 days of receipt, he loses the right to complain.
7. Unsold lots can be purchased for the starting price plus 5% by order submitted by mail, phone, email or personally in the BRNOFILA – Blaha store, Grohova 3, Brno, in the week following the auction deadline, on Monday-Friday 15-18, and not later than within 14 days after the deadline.